The National Book Development Board (NBDB) and the Manila Critics Circle (MCC) are pleased to announce the finalists for this year’s National Book Awards.
32nd NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS FINALISTS For Books Published in 2012
Juan C. Laya Prize for Best Novel in a Foreign Language
1. Agueda: A Ballad of Stone and Wind, by Anna Maria L. Harper, designed by Robbie Villegas (University of Santo Tomas Publishing House)
2. In My Mother’s House, by Joni Cham, designed by Lolita M. Calvo (Central Book Supply and De La Salle University)
3. La India, or Island of the Disappeared, by Rosario Cruz-Lucero, designed by Zenaida N. Ebalan (University of the Philippines Press)
4. Margosatubig: The Story of Salagunting, by Ramon L. Muzones, translated by Ma. Cecilia Locsin-Nava, designed by Karl Fredrick M. Castro (Ateneo de Manila University Press)
5. The Leprous Bishop, by Gabriel Miró, translated by Marlon James Sales, designed by Felix Mago Miguel (University of Santo Tomas Publishing House)