The National Book Development Board (NBDB) and the Manila Critics Circle (MCC) are pleased to announce the finalists for this year’s National Book Awards.
32nd NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS FINALISTS For Books Published in 2012
Juan C. Laya Prize for Best Novel in a Foreign Language
1. Agueda: A Ballad of Stone and Wind, by Anna Maria L. Harper, designed by Robbie Villegas (University of Santo Tomas Publishing House)
2. In My Mother’s House, by Joni Cham, designed by Lolita M. Calvo (Central Book Supply and De La Salle University)
3. La India, or Island of the Disappeared, by Rosario Cruz-Lucero, designed by Zenaida N. Ebalan (University of the Philippines Press)
4. Margosatubig: The Story of Salagunting, by Ramon L. Muzones, translated by Ma. Cecilia Locsin-Nava, designed by Karl Fredrick M. Castro (Ateneo de Manila University Press)
5. The Leprous Bishop, by Gabriel Miró, translated by Marlon James Sales, designed by Felix Mago Miguel (University of Santo Tomas Publishing House)
The College of Arts and Letters Student Council 2013-2014 invites you to this first lecture on their FLED (Forum, Lecture, and Educational Discussions) series. The topic is "On Aesthetics" which will be given by Professor Sofia Guillermo of the Art Studies Department in UP. This will happen on August 24, 2013 (12 noon) at CAL New Building Room 208.