The De La Salle University Department of Literature, in cooperation with NBDB, will be conducting “Teaching in the City,” a STORYTELLING WORKSHOP FOR TEACHERS (Pre-elementary, Elementary, Highschool/College levels) FOR FREE on NOVEMBER 12, 2013, from 10 AM to 6 PM, at De La Salle University-Manila. The workshop will include free lunch and workshop kits, and certificates will be given to participating teachers at the end of the program.
The workshop aims to enhance teachers’ skills in storytelling and oral reading, and thus help to make them better ambassadors of reading in the classroom as well as in their own homes and communities.
The workshop highlight is a plenary session with international storyteller Kamini Ramachandran, who will demonstrate, and engage participants in, the art of storytelling. There will also be an inspirational talk by multi-awarded writer, critic, and teacher Dr. Isagani R. Cruz, followed by parallel demo-talks on engaging the text in classroom teaching.
Interested parties may send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration:
Only the first 150 registrants will be included in the program.
Photo credit: http://nomadicalsabbatical.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Manila-Manila.jpg
A Christmas Carol authored by famous English novelist Charles Dickens comes alive onstage on November 29 – December 8, 2013 at the CCP Main Theater (Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo) as a holiday offering of the country’s premiere dance company, Ballet Philippines. Choreographed by an esteemed choreographer Edna Vida Froilan, the classic novel is crafted in excellent dance work combined with modern multimedia that would bring about merriment to children, families and kids of all ages.
This is the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, a greedy old miser who hates Christmas and calls it a humbug. The ghost of Jacob Marley, his former business partner, pays him a visit on Christmas Eve to warn him of his gloomy fate if he continues to go down the course he’s on. After being taken on a journey with the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, he has a change of heart and discovers the joy of giving.
This storybook ballet features the special participation of the Philippines’ premier danseur, Nonoy Froilan, who leads the cast as Scrooge, alternating with Butch Esperanza and Jean Marc Cordero. This is his first performance with Ballet Philippines since his retirement in 1993. He has partnered with several of the world’s top ballerinas, including Maniya Barredo, Yoko Morishita, and Dame Margot Fonteyn.
For tickets call Ballet Philippines at (02) 551-1003, CCP Box Office at (02) 832-3704, and Ticketworld at (02) 891-9999. Ticket prices range from Php 400 to Php 1200. Students may avail of a 50% discount on regular rates. For the latest promos and information, visit Ballet Philippines website: ballet.ph, Facebook: balletphilippines, Twitter: balletph, Youtube: balletphilippines1
Show dates and times are as follows:
November 29 | 3PM & 8PM
November 30 | 2PM & 6PM
December 1 | 2PM & 6PM
December 5 | 3PM
December 6 | 10AM & 3PM
December 7 | 6PM
December 8 | 2PM & 6PM
Magpasa na sa hal. Isyu 3! Inaanyayahan namin ang mga interesadong manunulat na magpasa ng mga akda sa kahit anong anyo (tula, kuwento, sanaysay, interbyu, sipi ng nobela, o anuman) na nasusulat sa Filipino para sa Isyu 3 ng hal.
Maaaring magpasa hanggang sa ika-31 ng Disyembre 2013. Walang takdang haba o bilang ng pahina para sa mga kontribusyon.
Ipadala ang inyong mga kontribusyon sa email@example.com (ilagay sa subject heading: hal. Isyu 3).
Bisitahin ang http://www.hal-dyornal.com/
Adtoy ti kompleto a pagannurotan ti Salip iti Sarita ti Maika-16 nga AMMA Foundation Literary Awards (AMMAFLA) nga imatonan da Amado ken Gloria Yoro, Francisco ken Aurora Ponce, ken Alfredo ken Cherry Quibol (agpapada nga agindegen iti Hawaii) a nairanta nga agpaay kadagiti agdadamo a mannurat iti Ilokano a “kas pangaron iti reggetda a mangpatadem pay iti plumada”:
1. Aggibus ti salip iti Pebrero 28, 2014.
2. Agpaay laeng ti salip kadagiti agdadamo a mannurat iti Ilokano. Iti daytoy a pasalip, maibilang nga agdadamo ti mannurat no awan pay ti naipablaak a saritana iti Bannawag. No adda man, di koma nasursurok ngem tallo ti naipablaakna agingga iti Nob. 11, 2013 a bilang ti nasao a magasin.
3. Siwawayawaya ti autor a mangpili iti topiko ti isalipna a sarita.
4. Agatiddog ti sarita iti 10-15 a panid iti short bond paper, naimakinilia, wenno saan, naikompiuter iti doble espasio (Times Roman Medium 12 pts. iti computer), ken adda espasio wenno margin a maysa a pulgada iti amin nga igid ti papel.
5. Maysa laeng a sarita ti mabalin nga isalip ti tunggal autor.
6. Nasken nga orihinal, di pay naipablaak wenno naadaw iti ania man a sinurat ti isalip. Nasken met a saan a naipatarus ti pakisalip manipud iti sabali a lengguahe ken nasken a bukod a putar ti autor ti pakisalipna.
7. Ti parbo a nagan ti autor ti agparang a naganna a kas autor ti sarita. Ipatulod ti pakisalip iti uppat a nadalus a kopia ken pakuyogan iti narikpan a sobre a naglaon iti pudno ken parbo a nagan ti autor, paulo ti pakisalip, kaudian a ladawan ken ababa a pakasaritaan ti biag ti autor, adres ti agdama a pagnaedan, agraman e-mail address ken numero ti selpon wenno telepono a mabalin a pakakontakan iti autor. Iti rabaw ti sobre, isurat ti paulo ti sarita ken parbo a nagan ti autor.
8. Ipatulod ti pakisalip babaen ti koreo wenno personal nga idatag iti daytoy nga adres: Short Story Writing Contest, 16th AMMAFLA, c/o Bannawag, Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp., Muralla corner Recoletos Sts., Intramuros, 1002 Manila. Nasken a maawat ti Bannawag ti pakisalip iti di naladladaw ngem iti Pebrero 28, 2014. Saan a mairaman iti salip ti entry a maawat kalpasan dayta a petsa.
9. Dagiti gunggona: Umuna a Gunggona, P10,000.00; Maikadua, P8,500.00; ken Maikatlo, P7,000.00. Maipaayan pay dagiti mangabak iti sertipiko ti pammadayaw. Adda met karbengan dagiti hurado a mangkissay iti bilang dagiti mangabak no awan ti makapatar iti bukodda a pagbatayan dagiti mangabak. Mabalinda met ti mangparnuay iti sabali a gunggona, no kasapulan.
10. Mapakaammuanto dagiti mangabak no kaano ken sadino ti pakapadayawanda. No met matakuatan a sinalungasing ti mangabak ti Pagannurotan Blng. 2 ken/wenno 6, maibabawi ti premiona ken mapawilanton a makisalip iti ania man a pasalip ti AMMAFLA.
The De La Salle University Bienvenido N. Santos Creative Writing Center, in partnership with The University of Santo Tomas Publishing House presents the launching of Burning Houses: Poems by Mookie Katigbak-Lacuesta. This will be on 15 November 2013 (Friday), 5:30 in the afternoon at The Learning Commons, 6th Floor Henry Sy Sr. Hall, De La Salle University, 2401 Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines
RSVP: BNSCWC firstname.lastname@example.org; (632) 5244611 local 233.
Ana Maria “Mookie” Katigbak-Lacuesta is an award-winning poet, having won First Prize in the Philippines Free Press Award for Poetry (2007), and Third and Second prizes at the Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Award for Poetry (2005, 2008). Her poetry collection entitled The Proxy Eros was short-listed for the National Book Award by the Manila Critics Circle in 2008. Burning Houses is her second poetry collection. She is editor of the Metro Serye series, an innovative collection of poems and stories in a road-map format. She is the Associate for Poetry of the De La Salle University Bienvenido N. Santos Creative Writing Center.
Kritika Kultura is now accepting contributions to its literary section, for possible inclusion in the August 2014 issue. Writers may submit any one of the following for consideration:
- Suite of 3-5 poems or a long poem
- Short story
- Excerpt from a novel (please include a brief introduction regarding the novel’s project)
- Creative nonfiction
- Other hybrid works that can be accommodated within the journal’s PDF format
Works in Filipino, regional, and other languages must be accompanied by an English translation.
Please e-mail your contribution to the literary section of Kritika Kultura to email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org). Your contribution must be unpublished. Simultaneous submission is accepted, but Kritika Kultura must be notified immediately if the work is accepted or published elsewhere. For both the subject heading of the email and the filename of the submission, please use your surname and the genre-label of the work (for instance, dela Cruz_Poetry). Email your submission as a file attachment (.docx and/or .pdf format) and include a brief bio-note (100 to 150 words), as well as your institutional affiliation and official e-mail address. All contributions must be submitted on or before January 30, 2014.
Kritika Kultura is a refereed electronic journal of literary, cultural, and language studies, based in the Department of English, Ateneo de Manila University and accessible at http://kritikakultura.ateneo.net/. It is indexed in the MLA International Bibliography, Thomson Reuters (formerly ISI), and other major databases. For further details regarding editorial policy, please refer to its website.
Paper Monster Press presents I, Sartre Thee (our most philosophical issue ever!)
1) 1-3 poems in English or Filipino cut and pasted in the body of your email.
2) cover art (front and back) with the words PAPER MONSTER PRESS and I, SARTRE THEE in the front and back covers
3) 1-3 artworks in JPEG format
4) 1-3 sound pieces in MP3 or WAV format
Send everything to email@example.com until November 15, 2013.
Get high on literature and art! Submit your work for Heights’ second regular folio! Deadline is on November 23, 11:59 p.m.
Correspondence may be addressed to:
Heights, Publications Room, MVP 202
Ateneo de Manila University, P.O. Box 154, Manila
Tel. no. 426-6001 local 5088
FOR CONTRIBUTIONS YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT
You need not be a Heights member to contribute.
Heights accepts contributions year-round; however, there are deadlines for special issues (e.g. Seniors Folio).
You may contribute more than once.
All submitted and solicited works undergo staff deliberations. Works are published based on merit. The author’s identity is kept confidential.
MECHANICS FOR SUBMISSION
Write SUBMISSION as the subject of your e-mail.
Attach your work to the message. For written works, there are no limitations for the number of pages. Artworks should be in CMYK format with a resolution of 300 dpi. If you feel the need to include an artist’s statement, please do so.
Include a short bio-note or write-up, and your contact details.
SEND YOUR QUERIES AND ARTISTIC AND LITERARY WORKS
TINTA, The Official Creative Writing Organization of the University of the Philippines Cebu, is now accepting entries for TINTA Literary Awards 2.0,a literary contest open to all college students and selected high school students of Cebu City.
TINTA Literary Awards 2.0 is divided into three divisions: English,Filipino and Cebuano. In each division, there will be three categories: Short Story, Poetry and Essay. Two winners from each category of each division are to be declared: Bulawan Award which will receive a cash prize of P500.00; and, Pilak Award will receive P300.00. There will be no entry fee but a contestant is permitted to submit only one (1) entry per category in each division.
For the complete guidelines of the contest, refer to this link. All entries shall be accompanied with the Official Entry Form and should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org with “TINTA Literary Awards 2.0” on its header.
TINTA Literary Awards 2.0 will be accepting entries until November 23, 2013 and the awarding ceremony will be on December 7, 2013 at UP Cebu AVR-2.
For inquiries, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact us at ourFacebook account.