The College of Arts and Communication, through the Department of Language, Literature and the Arts and the Talastasan Lecture Series Committee, in cooperation with the University of Santo Tomas Center for Creative Writing and Literary Studies, is holding a seminar on literature teaching. On behalf of the organizing committee, I am pleased to invite you to this two-day free seminar which will be held on May 21-22, 2014 at the CSS-AVR, University of the Philippines Baguio.
The following is the list of topics and speakers:
1. Teaching Creative Non-Fiction – Dr. Cristina Pantoja Hidalgo
2. Teaching Children’s Literature – Dr. Rebecca T. Añonuevo
3. Teaching Lyric Poetry –Prof. Ralph Semino Galán
4. Teaching Fiction – Dr. Augusto Antonio Aguila
5. Teaching Drama – Mr. Chuckberry Pascual
6. Teaching Philippine Literature in Filipino – Dr. Michael M. Coroza
7. Teaching Philippine Literature in English –Prof. Ferdinand M. Lopez
8. Teaching Asian American Literature – Dr. Oscar V. Campomanes
9. Teaching Southeast Asian Literature – Ms. Jaymee Siao
10. Teaching Film and Literature – Dr. John Jack G. Wigley
We are offering a limited number of slots; hence, we are requiring you to confirm your attendance by May 12, 2014. Slots will be reserved on a first come first served basis. The seminar is free of charge, and certificates of participation will be given to all participants.
Please direct your queries and confirmation through email via firstname.lastname@example.org or telefax (074) 4448393.