- This competition is open to Filipino citizens of all ages, published or yet-to-be published writers.
- The entry is one (1) unpublished novel, an original work, in English or Filipino. The theme is open. All genres are acceptable. Total word count of the novel should not go beyond 125,000 words.
- Only one (1) entry per contestant will be accepted. Entry must be the author’s own, which has not previously been published in any form (including self-publication). The entry must contain the title of the novel and the author’s pseudonym.
- A separate sheet, containing the author’s real name, pseudonym, title of the entry, total word count, and full contact information (address, email, phone), should be included in the submission.
- One (1) grand prize will be awarded: Php100,000 (One hundred thousand pesos). The Center will also assist the winner in securing a publisher if needed.
- Deadline extended: 15 May 2015.
The winner will be announced in September 2015. The decision of the Board of Judges is final.
This competition is organized by the DLSU Bienvenido N. Santos Creative Writing Center (BNSCWC), and co-sponsored by the Angelo King Institute for Economics and Business Studies (AKI) and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation (VCRI). It has the endorsement of the National Committee on the Literary Arts of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCLA NCCA).
Not eligible for the competition are BNSCWC personnel, Board of Associates, and the Advisory Council.
Please submit entry to:
The Cirilo F. Bautista Prize for the Novel
Bienvenido N. Santos Creative Writing Center
De La Salle University, 2401 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila, Philippines 0922
For electronic submission, please send Word and PDF files to: email@example.com. “CFB Novel Prize” should be indicated in the space marked “Subject.”
For inquiries, please contact BNSCWC at (632) 5244611 local 233; email firstname.lastname@example.org.