With the growing consciousness on travel, migration, displacement, and origins, how do millennials from the Bisaya regions sense home?
Sakayang Papel: Anthology of Bisaya Poetry is accepting poems on the following themes: staying home, leaving home, and returning home. Poems may be in English and/or variations of Bisaya.
- Call is open to millennial writers (birth years 1980s to early 2000s) from Visayas and Mindanao.
- 5 to 7 poems may be submitted. Unpublished works are encouraged; previously published pieces are accepted as long as the writer expresses copyright ownership and acknowledges their earlier publication. Simultaneous submission is also accepted, but the editors must be notified as soon as the work is accepted elsewhere.
- For submissions in the Bisaya languages, including corresponding English translations is most encouraged.
- Submissions, unless otherwise required by the poem’s form, must have the following format: single spaced, 12-point, Arial font, letter size page with 1 inch margin all sides.
- Include a bionote of 100-150 words. Unless one’s pen name has previously appeared in several publications, real name is required.
- Send submissions and bionote as one file attachment (.docx and .pdf format) to Sakayang Papel Anthology (Facebook) on or before 5 December 2015.
- Only writers of accepted submissions will be notified within 15 days after the deadline.