ABOUT THE PROJECT
• The editors are interested in pieces that evoke a strong sense of place, its landscapes, history, and diversity of cultures in Northern Mindanao—Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental, Bukidnon, Camiguin, and Lanao del Norte.
• The anthology is open to both established and emerging writers (1) who live in Northern Mindanao, (2) who live elsewhere but grew up in Northern Mindanao, OR (3) have spent a good period of time in Northern Mindanao enough to inspire memories and feelings.
• The project is spearheaded by the Department of English of Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan, Cagayan de Oro City.
• Please send up to three (3) pieces of either fiction/flash fiction, poetry, or creative nonfiction. The word limit for flash fiction is 1000, for short story and CNF 7500 words, and for poetry 60 lines.
• Simultaneous submissions may be considered. Please let the editors know if the work has been accepted elsewhere. Previously published pieces are considered as long as the copyright stays with or has been reverted back to the author. The anthology will, of course, cite where it was first published.
• Submissions may be in English, in Tagalog, or in Cebuano Bisaya.
• Submission period is from 01 October 2016 to 18 January 2017.
• Expected publication is December 2017.
• Send all submissions to email@example.com. These should be in plain text in the email’s body or attached as a docx, doc, or pdf file. Subject line is “Submission-Author’s Name-City or Province-Genre (e.g. Submission-JoyDiaz-Camiguin-Poetry). Contributors are requested to provide a short bionote where previous publications may be indicated. Use standard manuscript format for fiction and CNF (double spaced; Times New Roman font).
• Contributors will get a copy of the anthology and a discount on additional copies. Should there be queries, please direct them to the project coordinator, Professor Arlene J Yandug through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Query-NorthMin.”