Jondy M. Arpilleda teaches English and literature at Surigao del Sur State University. He earned his Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Linguistics from the University of Immaculate Conception, Davao City.
His works appeared in Meritage Press, Philippine Graphic, Paper Monster, Liwayway, Bisaya Magazine, and Sunstar Daily Mindanao. He also co-authored a textbook entitled Writing in the Discipline published by C and E in Manila and a book of poems entitled Mga Tinaginting sa Hangin together with two other notable Cebuano writers.
He has won the Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for fiction; the Jimmy Y. Balacuit Literary Awards for short story; and, the Dalit Poem-Making Contest sponsored by Filipinas Institute of Translation, UP-Diliman. He also received a fellowship grant from Iligan National Writers Workshop, Cornelio Faigao, Lamiraw, Davao Writers Workshop, and ADDU Summer Creative Writing Workshop.
- "Bunok" Bisaya Magazine, April 19, 2017.
- “ Way samang kasinatian.” Bisaya Magazine. August 19, 2015.
- “Inigbanos sa Ulan.” Sunstar Daily Davao. August 9, 2015.
- “Ang Sinugdanan,” Bisaya Magazine. May 23, 2015.
- “Alang sa mga mitaliwan sa Mamasapano,” Bisaya Magazine. February 22, 2015.
- “Ang Ungo sa Barangay Maticdum”. Bisaya Magazine. December 15, 2014.
- “Ang Matuod.”Bisaya Magazine. October 15, 2014.
- “Biyahe.” Bisaya Magazine. October 15, 2014.