Alton Melvar M Dapanas is the general editor of Bukambibig Poetry Folio of Spoken Word Philippines, associate editor of Mindanao Odysseys: Anthology of Travel Essays on Mindanao, and co-editor of Libulan: Binisaya Anthology of Queer Literature. He has authored two forthcoming books—’The Cartographies of Our Skin,’ a collection of lyric essays, and ‘An Archipelago of Napes and Nipples,’ a collection of prose poems. Writing and translating in English and in Binisaya, his works have appeared or are forthcoming in online and print magazines, journals, and anthologies in the Philippines, Australia, Singapore, India, the United States, and Germany. He is a member of Bathalad Mindanao and has served as the workshop coordinator of the annual Cagayan de Oro Writers Workshop. He spearheads the writers collective Nagkahiusang Magsusulat sa Cagayan de Oro (NAGMAC) and serves as essay and nonfiction editor of its flagship publication, Bulawan Literary Zine of Northern Mindanao.
(1) General editor, Bukambibig Poetry Folio of Spoken Word Philippines (accessible via issuu.com/bukambibigph)
(2) Associate editor, Mindanao Odysseys: Anthology of Travel Essays on Mindanao (forthcoming, independent publication)
(3) Co-editor, Libulan: Binisaya Anthology of Queer Literature (forthcoming, Bomba Press)
(4) Essay & Nonfiction Editor, Bulawan Literary Zine of Northern Mindanao (available on print)
(5) “Sociology of the Body,” We Are A Website New Literary Journal
(6) “Kon Unsaon Paghigugma ang Lalaking Straight,” Manila Bulletin’s Bisaya Magazine
(7) “His Northern Hemisphere and other poems,” Eastlit: Journal of English Literature in Southeast Asia