Elizabeth Esguerra Castillo is a Professional Feature Writer/Creative Writer/Journalist/Travel Writer/Published International Poet and Author/ Editor/Proofreader/Speaker. She was born on August 19, 1973 in Manila, Philippines.
Elizabeth is a multi-awarded and widely-published contemporary writer/poet/artist and the author of “Seasons of Emotions” (UK), published last 2013 and “Inner Reflections of the Muse” (USA), published in 2014. Her international recognitions include 2nd Place for “Poet of the Year, 2013” in an international poetry contest of Destiny to Write Publications in the UK with her first international poetry book, “Seasons of Emotions” garnering 2nd Place for “Book of the Year, 2013”. Winning Strategies Magazine, USA also awarded her as the “Over-all Winner in the Winning Strategies International Winners Award” for her positive influence in her community and around the world last 2013. She also has been awarded as an “Inspirational Poet” at the PENTASI B World Friendship Poetry Celebration and Historical Forum held at the National Museum of the Philippines last 2013 and awarded as a “Faith-Centered Poet” in Destiny Poet, UK (International Community of Poets) for her Highly Commended Poems.
Elizabeth’s first break in writing was when she became a News Correspondent for a local community newspaper in Antipolo City, “Antipolo STAR” last 2005 and later on became a Feature Writer for the former Meralco Management Leadership Development Center’s (MMLDC) now, First Pacific Leadership Academy (FLPA) corporate magazine, “Highlights.”
Her articles and poems have appeared in international online magazines and literary magazines. She has co-authored more than 70 international poetry anthologies in the USA, UK, Canada, Romania, Africa and India. This includes “Live Life: A Daydreamer’s Journal”, a world record holder for the most number of artists contributing to an anthology, a global charity anthology for the benefit of the American Cancer Society released 2012. Elizabeth’s works were featured in the book along side with other award-winning authors. She is also a contributor to the World Poetry Yearbook of The International Poetry Translation and Research Center, with copies of the book presented to the UN Library, UNESCO, Nobel Prize Committee. Elizabeth also writes short fiction with some of her works already featured in international anthologies and international literary magazines and is currently working on a novel for her third book. She also writes book reviews for her fellow authors and has also several book recommendations from poetry books to novels.
The international anthologies she was involved in mostly centered on global peace and world environment advocacy as well as themes related to issues involving women and children and cancer awareness.
She is one of the Contributing Authors to Prof. Ada Aharoni’s two international peace anthologies: “Anti-War: IFLAC Anthology” and “Anti-War and Peace: IFLAC Anthology”. The two epic books are projects of the International Forum on the Literature and Culture of Peace promoting peace and harmony among nations.
Elizabeth’s short fiction, “Ambush Conversation with God”, inspired by Neale Donald Walsch’s “Conversations with God” was first published in her second book, “Inner Reflections of the Muse” and the international charitable anthology, “Angels Cried” and was later published in “In God’s Image”, Journal of Asian Women’s Resource Center for Culture and Theology and the first journal in Asia in its December 2017 Issue.
In 2016, her compositions, “The Phantom’s Shadow” and “The Bohemian” were featured in “Prosopisia”, An International Journal of Poetry and Creative Writing, a joint venture of A.R.A.W.L.ii (Academy of raite*s and The World Literati) Volume IX.
Two of Elizabeth’s compositions were also published in the Eastern World Newspaper based in Uzbekistan last 2016.
“Kiew: An Anthology of Tree Poems”, an international anthology also featured Elizabeth’s composition, “Take Me Back to Genesis” in 2017. The book was for the Asia-Pacific Eco-Poetree Festival in cooperation with the Pangasinan Historical and Cultural Commission, International Visitor Leadership Program, and Women in Development Program and featured works of international poets and writers across the globe.
Her writing influences include Rumi, Paolo Coelho, James Joyce, Emily Dickinson, among others. Elizabeth attributes her writing style with that of James Joyce’s “stream of consciousness”, with the characters in her poetry and stories moving her constant readers. Elizabeth will also be one of those featured in an upcoming international book, “Infinite Conversations: A Series of Interviews with Contemporary Women Writers” to be published by Authors Press, India, a special compilation of interviews with contemporary female writers across the globe. Some of her poems were already translated in different languages: Portuguese, Polish, Arabic, Greek, Turkish, Tamil, Japanese, and Korean. Elizabeth also became one of the members of jury in the international essay competition, “Write for the Earth- Write with the Earth” in observance of World Earth Day last April 2016 and World Environment Day June 2016, organized by Compassion Activism Charity based in Belgium and also one of the judges of the GHANA Writers Awards 2017.
Her favorite authors also include Stephen King, Mitch Albom, John Grisham, Jodie Picult, and Anne Rice. e.e cummings, Pablo Neruda, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Oscar Wilde, Walt Whitman among others are Elizabeth’s favorite poets.
She was appointed as Cultural Ambassador to the Philippines for Inner Child Press International to help in the promotion of cultural diversity through literature and the arts. Elizabeth’s works were also featured in ASEI Arts’ First Annual Visionary Eco-Fiction, “Anthology House” for the benefit of the hurricane relief operations of Habitat for Humanity especially the Hammers Back Initiative. The international charitable anthology was participated in by writers coming from 5 continents across the globe.
This 2018, Elizabeth has been nominated for the prestigious “Award Cultural Festival International Tra Le Parole e l’Infinito 19th Edizione Premio Internationale de Narativa” for her short fiction, “Life on a Contract.” The award-giving body is based in Italy and nominees/participants come from different countries with their works in Italian and English language.
Elizabeth is a member of the American Authors Association (AAA), Asia Pacific Writers & Translators (APWT), PEN International, World Association of Authors and Researchers (WAOAR). She is also a Contributing Editor/Columnist in Inner Child Magazine, USA: “All About the Love”, and an Advisory Board Member of Reflection Magazine, an international literary magazine.
List of Works
- “The Year of the Poet” poetry magazine (contributor) published by Inner Child Press International, June 1, 2017 http://www.innerchildpress.com/the-year-of-the-poet.php
- “Selfhood:Varieties of Experience”, (contributor), published by Transcendent Zero Press, October 31, 2016 https://www.createspace.com/6621035
- “Prosopisia”, An International Journal of Poetry and Creative Writing, Vol IX, No. 1, 2016 (contributor)
- “World Healing, World Peace Anthology”, (contributor) published by Inner Child Press International, March 25, 2016 http://www.amazon.com/World-Healing-Peace-2016/dp/069267845X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1459552566&sr=1-1&keywords=World+Healing+~+World+Peace+2016
- “World Poetry Yearbook 2015”, (English Edition) (contributor), published by The International Poetry Translation and Research Centre
- “The Phenomenal Woman Anthology: Collection of Poems in Honour of Dr. Maya Angelou”, (contributor) published by Hinovelty , May 24, 2015 https://www.amazon.com/Phenomenal-Woman-Poetry-Anthology-Collection/dp/1503012417
- “Inner Reflections of the Muse” by Elizabeth E. Castillo, published by Inner Child Press International, March 25, 2014 https://www.amazon.com/Inner-Reflections-Elizabeth-Esguerra-Castillo/dp/0615996124
- “Twist of Fate”anthology , (contributor) published by Navigator Books, July 4, 2013 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0989002683/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0989002683&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2
- “Seasons of Emotions”, by Elizabeth E. Castillo, published by Destiny to Write Publications (UK), January 2013
- “Live Life: The Daydreamer’s Journal” by Sir Ricky McGentleman and Authors Worldwide, (contributor) published by NinjaKnight Productions and Publishing, April 24, 2012 https://www.amazon.com/Live-Life-Sir-Ricky-McGentleman/dp/0615605907
There are other more than 60 international anthologies that she co-authored in the USA, Canada, UK, India, Romania, and Africa, as well as online and print publications (short stories, poetry, articles, and essays).