Dr. Genevieve L. Asenjo is associate professor of literature and creative writing at the Dept. of Literature. She writes in three major Philippine languages as a poet, fictionist, and novelist and author of six books: taga-uma@manila (NCCA, 2005), Pula ang Kulay ng Text Message (University of San Agustin Press, 2006), Komposo ni Dandansoy (UST Press, 2007), Lumbay ng Dila (C&E/DLSU, 2010), Mabaskog nga Hiligaynon 1 (C&E Publishing, 2013), and Sa Gihapon, Palangga, ang Uran/Always, Beloved, The Rain (Ateneo de Naga Press, 2014). She was an Honorary Writing Fellow in the International Writing Program of the University of Iowa in
2012 and Overseas Writing Fellow in Seoul, South Korea in 2009. She has received awards from the Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature, National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino. She founded Balay Sugidanun (http://balaysugidanun.com) and a founding-member of a writerʼs group, Taftique, Inc.
LIST OF WORKS
1) “Bomba”, One-Act Play. Staged during DuLaSalle 2018, Rights Minus Wrong, by the Harlequin Theater Guild,
William Shaw Theater, De La Salle University-Manila, April 4-7, 2018.
2) “Ang Felicidad Project”. Short Story. Published in May Tiktik sa Bubong, May Sigbin sa Silong, Allan Derain (ed.). Ateneo de Manila University Press, 2017.
3) “Pangangamusta Mula sa Balaan Bukid”. Short Story. Trans. “Greetings from Sacred Mountain” by Michelle Tan
Tiu. Published in Kritika Kultura 25 (2015) ISSN 2094-6937.
4) “At Paglaway sa Balat ng Kahoy na Inyam.” Excerpt of the Novel Ang Itim na Orkidyas ng Isla Boracay. Published in ‘Bien! A Festschrift in Honor of National Artist Bienvenido L. Lumbera. David Jonathan Bayot, Jaime Oscar Salazar, and Johann Vladimir Espiritu (eds). De La Salle University Press, 2015.
5) Sa Gihapon, Palangga, ang Uran/Always, Beloved, the Rain, a collection of poetry in Kinaray-a with English translation by Ma. Milagros Lachica (Ateneo de Naga University Press, 2014) ISBN 978-971-9913-26-9 Citation/Recognition: Finalist, 2014 National Book Award, National Book Development Board (NBDB) of the Philippines Selected for Exhibition & Presentation during the Cultural Partnership Initiative (CPI) Program 10th Year Anniversary at the K-Hotel Seoul, October 26-31, 2015, Seoul, South Korea. CPI is a cultural program covering Asia, Africa, and Latin America administered by the Korea Culture and Tourism Institute (KCTI) under the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism (MCST) of South Korea.
6) Lumbay ng Dila. Novel. C & E Publishing & De La Salle University. 2010. ISBN 978-971-584-936-4 Citation for Excellence in Fiction in a Philippine Language, Juan C. Laya Prize, National Book Award 2011. Manila Critics Circle & National Book Development Board (NBDB) of the Philippines.