Caroline Nazareno-Gabis a.k.a. Ceri Naz, born in Anda, Pangasinan, Philippines, is a multi-awarded ‘’poet of peace and friendship’’, editor, publicist, linguist, educator, and women’s advocate.
Graduated cum laude with the degree of Bachelor of Elementary Education, specialized in General Science at Pangasinan State University. Ceri has been a voracious researcher in various arts, science and literature. She volunteered in Richmond Multicultural Concerns Society, TELUS World Science, Vancouver Art Gallery, Vancouver Aquarium and other charity foundations in Canada.
She was chosen as one of the Directors of Writers Capital International Foundation (WCIF), Board of Directors of Galaktika ATUNIS Magazine based in Albania; the World Poetry Canada and International Director to Philippines; Member of the following organizations promoting peace, women’s rights, culture, arts and literature: Global Citizen’s Initiatives, Asia Pacific Writers and Translators (APWT); The Poetry Posse, Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID), International Women’s Leadership Association, Universal Peace Federation, Akademika Nusa International Social Sciences and Humanities (ANISSH), Axlepinos and Anacbanua.
Her children’s story and poems were published in various local prints and international anthologies: Sunday Manila Times March 2017, World Poetry Yearbook 2013, 2014 & 2015 ( IPTRC-China), Poetic Melodies, XXI Century World Literature, Prosopisia Journal, Inner Child Press ltd. (USA) featured her in The Year of the Poet April 2016 and October 2014; Anti-Terror and Peace IFLAC Anthology 2016, For Love of Leelah (USA , WOMEN IN WAR (Africa), Muse for World Peace Anthology (Nigeria), Greek Fire Anthology (UK), IMMAGINE & POESIA e-book (Torino, Italy) Peace Poems (USA and Canada) I Am A Woman, a tribute to Kamala Das (India), Women of The World (Canada), Just For You My Love Anthology (India), The Art of Being Human (Switzerland, Canada and Romania), Siir Antolojisi (Turkey), Who Shall I Make My Wife ( Nigeria) and more. She was the editor of THE THREE HIT COMBO, authored by the famous Philippine Mental Assassin, Justin Piñon.
She received prestigious awards including, 4th Placer in World Union of Poets Poetry Prize with 100 participants worldwide, Writers International Network-Canada ‘’Amazing Poet 2015’’, The Frang Bardhi Literary Prize 2014 (Albania), the sair-gazeteci or Poet-Journalist Award 2014 (Tuzla, Istanbul, Turkey) and World Poetry Empowered Poet 2013 (Vancouver, Canada).
Beyond her literary works, she teaches Organic Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Environmental Science in Tarlac Agricultural University.
RECENT PUBLISHED WORKS
- May 30, 2017, Meloha, The Snail After The Rain (Children’s story) published in LangLit is a UGC Approved Journal- Under Arts and Humanities: An International Peer -Reviewed Open Access Journal, http://langlit.org/langlit-current-issue/
- May 15, 2017, Immagine & Poesia 2017 e-book, Italy, https://immaginepoesia.jimdo.com/e-book-2017/
- May 01, 2017, Our Poetry Archive, Interview Article and Poems,http://ourpoetryarchive.blogspot.com/2017/05/caroline-nazareno-gabis_1.html
- April 30, 2017, Nepeg Kon Sayan Awro (What I want for a Tomorrow), Salt boundaries anthology of poetry, for Syrian Refugees, Italy,
- March 26, 2017- Three Poems, Seismic Snapshots, Between Dust and dusk, and Farenheit 5-30, Sunday Manila Times http://www.manilatimes.net/three-poems-5/319110/
- March 2017, Pitik-bulag (Tula), Sunday Manila Times, http://www.manilatimes.net/pitik-bulag/317844/
- July 7th 2015, Contributor, by Prolific Press, Haiku Journal: Issue #38, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26009946-haiku-journal
LINKS OF WORKS