Januar E. Yap was born in Cebu City, Philippines. He currently teaches at the University of the Philippines Cebu College of Communication, Art and Design. He also edits and writes for SunStar Cebu. He was a fellow to the 67th UP National Writers’ Workshop and the National Writers Workshop in Dumaguete City. His short stories in Cebuano won in the Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature. His works, which include shorts stories and poetry in English and Cebuano, have appeared in various anthologies.
LIST OF WORKS
- “Liboa’g Usa Ka Hugon-hugon Kabahin sa Tagulilong” (A Thousand and One Speculations on the Fugitive). Won third prize in the Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature under the Cebuano short story category.
- “The Surge.” (Short story in English). Philippine PEN Journal 2014. http://www.philippinepen.ph/Journal.pdf
- “Lugar Lang” (Poetry). Sands and Corals 2013. Silliman University.
- “Place.” (Short story). The Silliman Journal 2013. Silliman University.
- “Kining sabaw sa diwit-diwit.” (Poetry). Sa Atong Dila: Introduction to Visayan Literature (2013). Edited by Merlie Alunan.
- “Us aka Adlaw sa Presinto ni SPO2 Disconcerto: Imbestigasyon kabahin sa akong pagpangulata sa us aka pastor sa Ginoo.” (Poetry in Cebuano) Pasumbingay: Anthology of Contemporary Cebuano Poetry (2014). Bathalad Inc.
- “Konsepto sa Nasuhito.” (Poetry in Cebuano). Pasumbingay: Anthology of Contemporary Cebuano Poetry (2014). Bathalad Inc.