📢 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗣𝗢𝗘𝗠 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦! 📢
Bored in the house and in the house bored?
Make the most out of your time during the community quarantine by joining the POEM WRITING CONTEST.
Theme: Life and Love
WHAT IS A POEM?
A poem is a written literature that evokes a concentrated imaginative awareness of experience in language chosen and arranged to create a specific emotional response through meaning, sound, and rhythm.
GUIDELINES/MECHANICS (READ CAREFULLY)
- Open to all Filipino citizens.
- Poem must be an original piece with title.
It must be written in English or in Filipino.
- The piece must be related to the theme mentioned above. (Note: It must not contain any malicious and offensive content.)
- Entry must have 4-6 stanzas with no more than 150 words. (Those exceeding the set limits will incur 5 points deduction from the total score.)
- Any forms of poetry are welcome. (e.g. free verse)
- All poetic styles are welcome employing any literary devices.
- Submit the following with subject heading ENTRY: TNPS POEM WRITING CONTEST to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. 2 soft copies of the written piece in a word format
B. Full name, age, and city of residency
- Like and follow the The Next Poets Society page.
- Invite all your Facebook friends to like and follow the The Next Poets Society (TNPS) page.
- Upload your entry in a picture format (JPEG, PNG, etc.) on TNPS page with the following:
- Full name
- City of residency
- Title of the poem
- Deadline of submission is on May 19, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- After the screening, the top 6 entries will be posted on the page on May 20, 2020 for reading and audience impact.
- For audience impact scores, only the reactions and shares made on the entry from TNPS page shall be counted. Also, only reactions and shares from May 20, 2020 – May 24, 2020 (10:00 pm) shall be counted.
- Entries with noncompliance to any of the stated guidelines will be disqualified.
- We will select the top 6 winners (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, 3 consolation prizes).
- Winners will be posted on the official Facebook page of The Next Poets Society on May 27, 2020.
- For queries, you may reach us by sending a private message to TNPS facebook page.
Criteria for Judging
- Relevance to the theme and Content = 40%
- Creativity = 30%
- Style/Originality = 15%
- Audience Impact = 15 % (aggregate number of reactions and shares on the official TNPS facebook page)
1st Place — Php 2000
2nd Place — Php 1500
3rd Place — Php 1000
3 Consolation Prizes — Php 500 each
Winners will also receive e-certificate.
Participants shall receive an e-certificate of participation.
Special thanks to:
Philippine National Volunteer Service Coordinating Agency
National Youth Commission
Ifugao Youth Association – IYA
Mary Kay Philippines