The National Book Development Board (NBDB), the government agency mandated to develop and support the Philippine book publishing industry, will produce a series of videos on literature and publishing trade.
Literary and Publishing Trade Conversations is a series of NBDB videos that celebrates literature and promotes best practices in publishing trade through discourse on issues, opportunities, and trends in literature (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic novel, translation, etc.), book publishing (editing, printing, distribution, etc.), and readership.
Individuals and organizations can submit their panel discussion proposals that will be pre-recorded and will be launched online in October and November 2020. Below are the submission guidelines:
- Number of speakers: Each panel must be composed of 2 to 3 members. It is recommended for each panel to have a moderator or interviewer who will facilitate the discussion.
- Panel discussion format: Proposals must be in the form of an interview or a conversation.
- Abstract: Submissions must include an abstract (200-250 words) written in a style that is accessible to a variety of readers especially the general public. Abstracts (and the panel discussion) must be in English or Filipino.
- Submissions: All proposals from interested individuals or organizations must be submitted by filling out this form: https://tinyurl.com/y56683z2.Multiple submissions are allowed (1 proposal = 1 google form filled-up).
- Deadline of submissions: The deadline for submission of proposals is on August 30, 2020, at 5PM.
- Letter of acceptance: The NBDB will screen the proposals and send letters of acceptance on or before September 11, 2020.
- Video recording: Upon receiving the letter of acceptance, speakers can start video-recording their panel discussion. The total length of the pre-recorded videos for the whole panel should be 20 to 30 minutes in HD format. NBDB should be able to edit the raw file afterward, if necessary, for length and clarity. Submission of videos to NBDB is on October 4, 2020.
- Online discussion: Speakers must be available virtually for the online discussion portion which is estimated to last for 30 to 45 minutes scheduled tentatively on October 16, 23, and 30 and November 6, 2020.
- Honorarium: Resource speakers shall be paid an honorarium as an appreciation for the time and effort to be part of the panel discussion.
Further queries may be communicated to Ms. Kathrine Dean via email at [email protected] or mobile number 09552030600.