Time Frame: March – May 2021
Main Conduit: Tagum City Council of Women Inc.
Implementing Organization: Calbayog Literary Arts Organization Inc.
This pandemic poetry contest is a component of the Balag at Tukod Project on Edible Landscaping under the National Committee on Cultural Education funded by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA). It deals with the theme:“Filipino Flora for a United and Resilient Nation (Talamnung Filipino Alang sa Lig-on ug Nagkahiusang Nasud.”
1: It is open to Filipino writers (residing in the Philippines or overseas) who are speakers of any of the three Philippine languages: Waray, Sebuano, and Inabaknon.
2. Contestants must submit only one set of entries in one of the cited languages above. The said language must be his/her first language. Only unpublished works are accepted as entries.
3. Only three poems are required to be submitted. However, it must follow the following subthemes under the Balag at Tukod main theme:
- The first poem must carry the 1st subtheme: “pandemic suffering(s);
- The second poem must bear the 2nd subtheme: “coping: planting as therapy”
- The third poem must adhere to the 3rd subtheme: “recovery: the joy of plant(s) harvest”
4. The entries must be accompanied with a translation in English or Filipino.
5. Contestants must fill out the application form which will be made available at the NCCA website or emailed by the secretariat.
6. The poetry collection must be notarized. NB: Plagiarized works will not be tolerated. Violators will be dealt with accordingly.
7. All entries must be computer encoded in MS Word format using Times New Roman, 12 pts, single spaced.
8. The contestant reserves the right to the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) to publish or broadcast his/her winning poetry collection for free.
9. The deadline of submission is on May 15, 2021.
10. All entries and inquiries must be emailed to [email protected]. For further details, visit our FB Page: Balag at Tukod Pandemic Poetry Contest or send SMS to 09994577639.
11. Prizes at Stake
- 1st Prize: P15,000.00 plus e-certificate (inclusive of tax)
- 2nd Prize: P10,000.00 plus e-certificate (inclusive of tax)
- 3rd Prize: P5,000.00 plus e-certificate (inclusive of tax)
- (5) Honorable Mentions: P2,000.00 plus e-certificate
12. The decision of the board of judges is final and irrevocable.