What is panitikan.com.ph?
The website is a project of the UP Institute of Creative Writing. Its primary aim is to disseminate Philippine literature online by providing a database of author’s profiles and their works. Its other features like the writers market and monthly calendar of activities seek to stimulate literary interest. Panitikan.com.ph respects the copyrights of individual authors; works have been published with their permission.
- Panitikan.com.ph aims to provide a virtual space for promoting events and activities related to literature, art and literacy. We welcome publicity materials for conferences and lectures, call for manuscripts, contests, performances and exhibits, invitations for workshops and other similar events.
- Promotional materials may be written in English or Filipino.
- While there is currently no dedicated section for posting creative work from site visitors, everyone is encouraged to be part of the updated Filipino Writers Database that is also housed within the site. The guidelines for the database update can be accessed HERE.
- Submissions should be sent as e-mail attachments in editable text formats (Word, RTF, etc.). Accompanying images must have a resolution of at least 150 dpi and be sent as separate attachments (not embedded within the text file).
- Submissions should have a word count of around 1000-1500 words (1-2 pages, single spaced). The subject line should bear the type of submission, and the title of the event or call. The sender’s full name, institutional affiliation and contact numbers should be included in the submission.
- For competitions and call for manuscripts, promotional materials should be sent one month before the deadline; for performances and other events, materials should be sent one to two weeks before the event date.
- Submissions and inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Panitikan.com.ph reserves the right to deny posting of materials that may be in conflict with its objective stated above.
LIKHAAN: The UP Institute of Creative Writing
Room 3200 Pavilion 3, Palma Hall
UP Diliman, Quezon City
922-1830 (telefax; 981-8500, loc. 2117; 920-5301, loc. 7974)
0927 924-5242, 0919 288-6260
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com