February 14 is International Book Giving Day! We can take care of the books, if you can take care of the giving away.
Here’s how this will go down:
- Anyone can participate. We don’t care who you are, as long as you want to give some books away on Friday.
- There are 10 sets of book packages available for pick up at our showroom. Each book package contains 3 storybooks and 2 big books.
- The packages will be given away on a first-come-first-served basis at a limit of one book package per person. Anyone can come by our office, and we give the packages away, until all 10 have been picked up.
- Pick up may be done from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, tomorrow (Tuesday) until Feb 13 (Thursday). If you will come by after office hours, just ask our friendly security guards, and they’ll know what to do.
- Upon pick-up, take a picture of you and the books, at our showroom (or in front of our office building), and post the photo on Facebook or Twitter.
- On February 14, International Giving Day, post photos of your participation online. You can participate by doing any or all of the following:
- Give a book to a kid you care about. Give a copy of your favorite children’s book to your kid, neighbor, student, pamangkin, or inaanak!
- Be a mystery book giver. Leave a book somewhere you know kids will be, hand over a book to a random kid you cross paths with, or give a stranger a book for their kid. Don’t forget to wish them a happy International Book Giving Day!
- Contact your favorite literacy group to donate. Help out in the efforts of educational organizations such as Inquirer’s Read Along, Museo Pambata, Reading Association of the Philippines, Sambat Trust, and DiksyonaryoAtbp.
- Each time you post something for this online, remember to use the hashtag #giveabook and tag us on Twitter, @AdarnaHouse and@bookgivingday, or on Facebook, AdarnaHouseOnline.
Valentines day is the perfect time to get kids to fall in love with books. And for playing Cupid, you will get the books packed in Ang Pambihirang Buhok ni Raquel tote bag with a matching notebook inside—both yours to keep—just because we think you’re really sweet.
Contact Ergoe through (02) 3526765 local 119 for questions.