The Office of the Arts, Social and Cultural Affairs (ASCA) congratulates the fifteen fellows who qualified to the 11th Lamiraw Creative Writing on November 26-28, 2014 in Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU), Calbayog City, Samar.
With its focus on fiction writing this year, the workshop features fifteen writers distributed according to ethnolinguistic group and their organizational affiliation:
- Jetrho Monares (Tacloban City/Leyte Normal University)
- Firie Jill Ramos (Tacloban City/Leyte Normal University)
- Hermie Sanchez (Catbalogan City/Katig Writers Network Inc.)
- Nemesio S. Baldesco, Sr. (Calbayog City/Katig Writers Network Inc.)
- Geaniza Buico (Biliran/Naval State University)
- Alvin Bensig (Mandaue City/University of San Carlos)
- Erik Tuban (Cordova, Cebu/Bathalad Cebu)
- Beldona Fugado (San Antonio, Northern Samar/UP Tacloban)
- Jie-ann Salem (Calbayog City/Northwest Samar State University)
- Aaron Cotejar (Tacloban City/Eastern Visayas State University)
- Charles Sanchez (Cebu City/University of San Carlos)
- Dante Cuales (Negros Occidental/ University of the Visayas)
- Mat Banagbanag (Capul, Northern Samar/Abaknon Literary Arts Guild Inc.)
- Nila Esquillo (Capul, Northern Samar/Abaknon Literary Arts Guild Inc.)
- Charito Bayabay (Capul, Northern Samar/Abaknon Literary Arts Guild Inc.)
Among the panelists invited are: Prof. Merlie M. Alunan, Ms. Daryl Jane Delgado, Ms. Yvonne Esperas, Ms. Jennibeth Loro, Dr. Lydia de la Rosa and Mr. Dante Rosales.
The said literary activity in Eastern Visayas is annually funded by the National Commission for Culture & Arts (NCCA).