“From the Eyes of a Healer” has extended the deadline for accepting submissions of literary contributions (nonfiction, medical anecdotes) in English or Filipino that explore the rich experiences of medical doctors and medical students as they deal with patients, families, colleagues, and even relationships attheclinic or hospital. Stories may be about small or bigtriumphs, frustrations, dilemmas, empathy, and burnout.
The submission guidelines are as follows:
1. The call is open to all past or present medical students of UP College of Medicine and post-graduate medical interns/residents/fellows/consultants of Philippine General Hospital.
2. Submissions should not exceed 1,500 words. Each qualified writer may submit only one manuscript file. If previously published, provide the bibliographical information.
3. All submissions should be single-spaced and attached in one document file. The prescribed font type is Arial, standard font size 12. Please include a bionote of no more than 300 words on the last page of the document.
4. Only online submissions will be considered. The document file to be attached should be in .doc, .docx or .rtf, and labeled with the author’s last name and the title of the story in the submission (e.g. Belen THE PATIENT.doc). The filename should also be indicated in the e-mail’s subject line.
5. The new deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM, Philippine Standard Time, on AUGUST 1, 2015.
The editors reserve the right to edit any and all materials accepted for publication.For inquiries and submissions, contact the editors at email@example.com. Please specify ‘inquiry’ or ‘submission’ in the subject line.Authors of selected stories will receive a copy of the book in compensation.