Gawad Emmanuel Lacaba is the annual literary contest of the College Editors Guild of the Philippines-Luzon. Emmanuel ”Eman” Lacaba, considered as one of the greatest Filipino poets, was also a dramatist and student journalist. He served as an editor of The Guidon, the official student publication of the Ateneo de Manila University and one of the founding campus publications of the Guild. In his student days, Lacaba joined the protest movement and fought against the Marcos dictatorship. He went underground and died as a revolutionary martyr at the age of 27 at Asuncion, Davao del Norte. Lacaba is best known for his posthumously published books Salvaged Prose and Salvaged Poems. He was also the brother of renowned Filipino writer Jose ‘Pete’ Lacaba.
CONTEST RULES AND CATEGORIES
- The contest is open to all current members of tertiary student publications within Luzon (membership to CEGP is not a requisite), except to current officers and coordinators of the College Editors Guild of the Philippines in any formation and even the secretariat.
- A contestant must be registered as a delegate of Lunduyan 2015 which will be held in Legazpi City, Albay on November 6-10, 2015.
- The contest has two divisions: English and Filipino
- Translation of an entry submitted in English shall not be qualified for the Filipino division and vice versa.
- The contest has five (5) categories: short story, maikling kuwento | essay, sanaysay | poetry, tula | flash fiction, dagli | photo
- Entries must be relevant to the theme KASARINLAN
- Entries must be original and solely written by the contestant. Only one (1) entry per category shall be allowed per contestant.
- Contestant shall only submit entries published within the present academic year 2015-2016 in their respective student publications or previously unpublished works.
- Entries shall be typewritten, 12-point, Times New Roman font, double-spaced on a letter-sized (8 ½ x 11) bond paper, with 1-inch margins on all sides. Page numbers shall be placed on the bottom-center of each page.
- All entries shall remain with the CEGP Gawad Eman Lacaba Committee until the awarding.
- Entries and filled out registration form must be sent via email to email@example.com
- Email subject format: 11gel_literarycontestentry_<insert category>_<insert division> (Example: 11gel_literarycontestentry_shortstory_english)
- For photo entries: <firstname>_<lastname>_photo_<entry number> of <total
- entries>.<file format> (Example: Maria Clara photo 1 of 2.jpg)
- Deadline of submission is on October 2, 2015.
RULES PER CATEGORY
- For the short story category, each entry shall be composed of at least 10 pages but not more than 15 pages.
- For the poetry category, each entry shall consist of a compilation of at least three (3) but not more than five (5) poems.
- For the essay category, each entry shall be at least five (5) but not more than 15 pages long.
- For the flash fiction category, each entry shall consist of a compilation of at least three (3) stories but not more than five (5) stories with maximum of three (3) pages or 750 words.
- For the photo contest, below are the mechanics:
- A participant may submit a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of five (5) photographs.
- Strictly no photo manipulation. Photo editing techniques must be limited to cropping and dodge and burn only.
- Both black & white and colored photographs are accepted.
- Photographs should be in JPEG or TIFF format and at least 1,600 pixels wide for a horizontal image or 1,600 pixels tall for a vertical image.
- Photographs must have been taken within the present academic year 2015-2016. Entries which have won in other photo competitions are not allowed.
- Each photo should have corresponding caption that would not exceed twenty (20) words.
- Any identifying mark or watermark is not allowed and will be disqualified from the contest.
JUDGING AND CRITERIA
- The Board of Judges shall consist of persons appointed by the CEGP National Office.
- The Board of Judges shall have the discretion to withhold awarding if it does not deem any entry meritorious of any award for any particular category.
- The Board of Judges has the right to disqualify the entry piece proven by plagiarism or if proven that the piece is not the original work of the entry holder.
- The decision of the majority of the Board of Judges shall be final and irrevocable.
- Top three entries shall be declared the winners for each division and category.
- Winners shall be announced and awarded on the last night of Lunduyan 2015 on November 9, 2015.
Submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 2, 2015.
For queries contact, please contact 0936-811-0677 or email@example.com.
For literary contest: http://tinyurl.com/nqgefx3
For photo contest: http://tinyurl.com/p9kqulu