The 8th Premyo Tomas Arejola sa Literaturang Bikolnon (PTALB) is seeking to honor the five most outstanding literary works in the Bikol language for 2016.
New and unpublished works in the following genres are eligible for the competition: Osipon (fiction), Saysay (essay), Halipot na Pasali na Pan-entablado (one-act play), Rawitdawit (poetry), and Osipon na Pan-aki (story for children). Entries must show literary merit, social significance, and tackling issues relevant to Bikol realities.
The competition is open to all Bicolano writers, based locally or anywhere in the world, who write in any of the variations of the native languages spoken in the region, including Bisakol (Bisaya-Bikol), Tagalog Ragayanon, and others. Contestants may submit only one entry per genre, however.
• Osipon entries must be at least 10 pages in length but not exceed 15 pages.
• Saysay entries must be at least 10 pages but must not exceed 15 pages. Informal, personal essays about the Bicolano way of life are preferred.
• Halipot na Pasali na Pan-entablado must be at least 15 pages or of sufficient length to approximate a performing time of at least thirty minutes.
• Rawitdawit entries must consist of at least seven poems but not more than ten poems.
• Osipon na Pan-aki entries must be at least 7 pages but must not exceed 10 pages. Entries
with a plot and narrative suitable for an illustrated storybook of at least 30 pages are preferred.
All entries must be typewritten, 12-point, Arial font, double-spaced on a letter-sized (8 ½ x 11) bond paper, with 1-inch margins on all sides and page numbers on the bottom-center of each page.
A one-page literary bio note must accompany each entry.
Entries must be sent to [email protected] with the following email subject format: PremyoArejola_<insert genre>_<insert author’s name> (Example: Premyo Arejola_rawitdawit_Juan de la Cruz). Deadline of submission of entries is March 25, 2016.
The five winning entries will be cited at the Limang Pinakamababansay na Obrang Panliteratura sa Taon 2016, a ceremony commemorating the Pambansang Buwan ng Panitikang Filipino in April 2016. The winners will each receive a Diploma of Merit, the Premyo Tomas Arejola Medallion and P5000. A grand prize winner, who will be chosen from the roster will receive an additional cash prize of P7, 000. and will be named Parasurat kan Taon (Writer of the Year).
For inquiries, please contact the PTALB Secretariat at the Pintakasi kan Literaturang Bikolnon Facebook Page.