Universitas Sanata Dharma, Indonesia
19 to 20 Oct. 2016
When dealing with literature for children and young adults (LCYA), there are two different concerns academicians usually focus on: LCYA for pedagogical means, and LCYA as a subject of literary studies. In Indonesia, while LCYA starts to boom and becomes more available, the study of LCYA itself does not follow the trend. In the university level, there are only a few researchers who dedicate themselves to the study of LCYA and it is still difficult to find an LCYA department or area of study in the Indonesian universities.
Considering the fact that LCYA in Indonesia—and possibly Southeast Asia—is still understudied, the 4th LSC (Literary Studies Conference) raises this issue to see possible causes and future directions for LCYA study in Indonesia and Southeast Asia. We invite and encourage the submission of papers from Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries dealing specifically with the questions of children’s literature in our local context.
The conference invites you to send an abstract under a particular topic area.
Guidelines for Submitting Abstract
- Write your 250-word abstract (in English or Bahasa Indonesia), provide a title, your name, email, name of department and university.
- Indicate under what particular topic area your abstract is being submitted.
- Submit your abstract no later than 1 Aug. 2016.
- Indicate any audio-visual equipment or logistical requirements you might need for your presentation at the conference.
- Indicate the language of presentation (the committee provides interpreters for those who present in Bahasa Indonesia).
Submit your abstract to [email protected] Your abstract acceptance notification will be sent two (2) weeks after your submission. Full paper has to be submitted by 26 Sept. 2016.
- the questions of authorship and readership in literature for children and young adults (LCYA)
- LCYA and post-colonial imagination
- LCYA and ecology
- Diversity in LCYA
- LCYA and language teaching
- LCYA and oral tradition
- LCYA and performance studies
- Language in LCYA
- Peace education through LCYA
- LCYA and translation
- LCYA and psychology