First International Conference on Philippine Studies
LANGUAGE, CULTURE AND MEDIA
(THIRD NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PHILIPPINE STUDIES)
May 9 to 10, 2017
Aklan State University-College of Industrial Technology
(Just One and a Half Hours Away from Boracay Island)
Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Filipino Department, the Dalubhasaan ng mga Umuusbong na Mag-aaral ng Araling Filipino (DANUM), and the College of Liberal Arts, De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines, in cooperation with the Aklan State University, are organizing the First International Conference on Philippine Studies (Third National Conference on Philippine Studies) for students, academicians and scholars in the said field. The conference committee will be accepting abstracts concerning but not limited to topics on Philippine culture, language and media. Abstracts on Asian culture, language and media are also welcome.
Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstracts may be written in English or Filipino and must be submitted via email to [email protected].
- File names must follow the required format: put your surname (SURNAME, all in uppercase), followed by your first name (first name, in lower case), and a short version of the title of your paper. Example: FELICILDAjoshuaLanguageInternationalization.
- Abstracts must have 300-500 words, use MS Word document (.doc file format). Follow the required font: Arial 11, on a letter-sized page with one-inch margin in all sides.
- ABSTRACTS MUST ONLY HAVE TEXT—graphs, images, charts should NOT be included.
- Abstracts must include a short introduction, summary of results, and the conclusion of the study.
- The abstract must include the title, name of the author/s (underline the name of the author/s who will present the paper in the actual presentation), department, institution, and e-mail address.
Deadline for Abstract Submission : January 15, 2017
Deadline for Early Bird Registration : February 27, 2017
Deadline for Regular Registration : March 27, 2017
Deadline for Late Registration : April 17, 2017
Conference Date : May 9-10, 2017
Registration Fee: Registration fee will cover the participant’s certificate, conference kit, breakfasts, lunches, and afternoon snacks. It does not cover the accommodation and travel expenses of the participant.
Early Bird / Regular / Late
Student (Local): PhP 2,000 / PhP 3,000 / PhP 4,000
Professional (Local) PhP 2,500 / PhP 3,500 / PhP 4,500
Student (Foreign) USD 200 / USD 250 / USD 300
Professional (Foreign) USD 220 / USD 270 / USD 320
Specific instructions on how to make the registration payment will be given through the acceptance letter. Instructions on how to go to the Aklan State University-College of Industrial Technology from the Kalibo International Airport, and from the Aklan State University-College of Industrial Technology to Boracay Island, as well as the list of recommended Kalibo and Boracay hotels will also be given through the said acceptance letter.