We invite literary contributions (nonfiction, medical anecdotes) in Filipino or English or other Philippine language that explore the rich experiences of medical doctors and medical students as they deal with patients, families, colleagues, and even relationships at the clinic or hospital. Stories may be about small or big triumphs, frustrations, dilemmas, empathy, and burnout.
The submission guidelines are as follows:
1. The call is open to ALL Filipino medical students and physicians.
- Submissions should be original and unpublished. It should not exceed 1,500 words. Each qualified writer may submit only one manuscript file. Medical anecdotes not written in Filipino or English should send a Filipino or English translation of the work.
- All submissions should be single-spaced and attached in one document file. The prescribed font type is Arial, standard font size 12. Please include a bionote of no more than 300 words on the last page of the document.
4. Only online submissions will be considered. The document file to be attached should be in .doc, .docx or .rtf, and labeled with the author’s last name and the title of the story in the submission (e.g. Belen THE PATIENT.doc). The filename should also be indicated in the e-mail’s subject line.
5. The new deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM, Philippine Standard Time, on December 1, 2017.
The editor reserves the right to edit any and all materials accepted for publication. For inquiries and submissions, contact the editors at [email protected]. Please specify ‘inquiry’ or ‘submission’ in the subject line. Authors of selected stories will receive a copy of the book in compensation. Dr. Joey A. Tabula will be the editor for this anthology.
Poster design by Ergoe Tinio