Submissions will be accepted until March 17, 11:59PM.
COVID-19 has changed our ways of life and the ways we produce and consume art. In response to this new normal, GlobalGRACE has created GlobalGRACE Philippines AiR (Artists in Residence), a program for young dedicated LGBTQIA+ artists to produce work from their homes or creative spaces for three months.
Fifteen LGBTQ+ artists (15) will receive support and mentorship from 6 LGBTQ+ art practitioners, experienced in their fields, to explore the queer site, identity, embodiment, and belonging (or lack thereof) within the restrictions as well as the unexpected creative spaces and moments generated by the pandemic; to think through ways and methods of presenting and reaching an online audience. A virtual gallery will showcase all works after. A documentary film will explore both artists and artworks.
GlobalGRACE is an international art and research consortium sited in various countries across the Global South and the United Kingdom. It employs arts-based practices, curatorial and multi-sensory research, digital and literary engagement, and public exhibitions to investigate the production of cultures of equality and enable gender-positive approaches to wellbeing internationally.
- Between 18-31 years old (must be 18 years old at the time of application)
- Must be Filipino and a Laguna Resident • Must identify as LGBTQ+
- Must be in the entry-level stage of their art practice
- Fill up the application form here https://forms.gle/uebWt4d1X2pr3E3c6
- Email to [email protected] one (1) file (PDF Format) with the filename GGAiRApplication_LASTNAME.pdf containing the following:
- Artist Statement (100 words)
- Photo – creative shot of yourself (at least 8MP resolution)
- Two (2) or more sample works (provide a LINK in the PDF if you are submitting videos)
- and one (1) proof of residence in Laguna (Official School ID, any government-issued ID, or Barangay Certificate of Residence)
AiRs will receive:
- Honorarium, Art Production Budget, Technical Support, Subsistence Allowance, and Internet Connectivity (data) for three months
- AiRs will share and document their creative process (fieldnotes) and artwork towards a virtual gallery and documentary film.
- If you do not have a Gmail account, please create one using the name of your choice
- AiR will only accept applications from Gmail accounts
- AiR will entertain only submissions that follow the format
FOR INQUIRIES: Email to [email protected] with Subject: INQUIRY