Hosted by the Artists For Digital Rights Network
Deadline: June 13, 2021 (11:59PM UTC+08:00)
Period: June 17, 2021-July 29, 2021
How to apply: Sign up here https://bit.ly/A4DRP2021
Eligibility: At least 18 years old, living in the Philippines or Indonesia
Offered by the program:
- Free workshops on disinformation
- Opportunity to publish artwork in a digital publication
- Opportunity to speak in a roundtable discussion
- $300 honorarium for artists who complete the program
- Access to resources on disinformation and digital rights
- Networking opportunities
The Artists For Digital Rights Network is looking for participants from the Philippines and Indonesia for their Artists For Digital Rights Program 2021
Open Call for Artists 18 years old and above living in the Philippines and Indonesia!
We are looking for artists working with any medium (visual art, photography, performance, text, curation, video, film, sound art, music, etc.) who are interested in advocating for digital rights, willing to undergo workshops on disinformation, and can present an artistic output tackling disinformation that will be published in an online publication.
Application period starts June 5, 2021, and ends June 13, 2021 (11:59PM, UTC+08:00). Results of the application will be emailed on June 15, 2021.
The Artists for Digital Rights Network (A4DRN) is a cross-regional community in Southeast Asia which aims to address the problem of information disorder (disinformation, misinformation and mal-information) through collaboration and creativity. We specifically want to address the lack of in-depth awareness on disinformation and collaborative work among artists to tackle this, while also providing work opportunities for them. Through a collaborative artistic publication focusing on disinformation, we want to surface the complexity of disinformation in local contexts (Philippines and Indonesia) and solidify an artists’ alliance centered on digital rights advocacy.
The A4DRN was formed from the Doublethink Lab (DTL) and Innovation for Change East Asia (I4C-EA) workshops and seed grant funding. Through this initiative, we hope to achieve the following objectives:
- To form a cross-regional alliance of artists starting with the Philippines and Indonesia;
- To give disinformation training and mentorship opportunities for artists;
- To create a platform for the cross-regional alliance to communicate and collaborate in addressing disinformation and digital rights issues;
- To collaborate on an artistic publication that will compile works by artists in the Philippines and Indonesia responding to disinformation; and
- To share the experiences of artists participants in disinformation training, collaboration, and alliance-building through online events.
A total of ten (10) participating artists will be selected for this program and will undergo a one-day workshop on disinformation as well as how to respond to disinformation through art (June 29, Saturday). They will also be tasked to submit an artwork tackling disinformation that will be published in an online publication set to launch at the end of July. Coinciding with the launch is a roundtable discussion with the participating artists.
Artists who successfully complete the program will be invited to a round table where they will discuss their participation and work in the publication. We offer a $300 honorarium for artists as part of their participation, in addition to a network and online platform for potential collaborations and resources on disinformation and digital rights. We encourage artists with existing projects related to disinformation to apply.
Participants will be selected by the core team composed of advocacy workers from the Philippines and Indonesia based on their body of work, interest in digital rights and disinformation, and their commitment to this program. Please note that due to limitations, the entire program will be in English.